Anantnag: A shopkeeper was injured critically after a blast either due to bursting of cylinder or compressor of freezer inside his shop amid fire in Kokernag area of south Kashmir’s Anantnag district, officials said on Saturday.
The fire erupted in shop (provisional store) of Riyaz Ahmad Tantray in Hangulgund area of Kokernag late last night. The shopkeeper tried to douse off the flames on his own but there was blast inside, apparently either due to bursting of a LPG cylinder or compressor of freezer, causing critical injuries to him.
He was rushed to district hospital Anantnag wherefrom he was referred to SMHS hospital Srinagar for advanced treatment.
An official of the Fire and Emergency department it seems that the compressor (of the freezer) burst leading to the injuries but it is matter of police investigation.
A police officer said that investigations were underway.
“Prima facie it appears cylinder blast. Samples have been taken and once the report is received, only then we can tell with certainty about the exact nature of the blast,” the officer added.