Srinagar: A joinery mill worker died and his co-worker sustained injuries in an electrocution incident in Sonpah area of Beerwah in central-Kashmir’s Budgam district on Saturday morning.
The duo working in a joinery mill was busy in renovation work, when a tin sheet they were holding touched a high-tension wire.
In the incident, a worker identified as Farooq Ahmad Najar (48) son of Mohammad Sadiq a resident of Bonn Zanigam Beerwah and Ghulam Mohmmad (56) son of Mohammad Sideeq a resident of Khatrila Najan, Beerwah sustained severe burn injuries.
The duo was immediately evacuated to hospital, however the 48-year-old Farooq Ahmad Najar succumbed.
The injured has been referred to Srinagar for advanced treatment, where his condition is said to be stable, on filing of this report.
Meanwhile a police official said that a team has been sent to the spot to assess the cause of incident.